viernes, 5 de agosto de 2016

Two years ago

This is a journal entry written while abroad in Italy two years ago..
I don't think it will ever stop being relevant.

"I may be all grown, but there are wounds I'm left to heal. Slowly, I'm catching up to them, and though the scars left behind are said to only make me stronger, they hurt every time it rains. However, when it's sunny, I can enjoy to take a look; in awe of everything I have overcome. I feel lucky and life starts making sense.

I don't remember everything I've been able to handle, maybe it's memory doing me a favor. I'm a mess, but I'm a mess in progress. I'm dealing with things on my own that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I might say I'm actually doing pretty fine. I'm a survivor.

In the past days I've been challenged, but I've kept pushing my limits, ones that to this day, I haven't reached. The journey in which one understands the definition of being lost and imperfect is long and rocky, and I don't think it ever ends. I'm figuring things out as I go; and that is okay with me."

July 5, 2014

Andrea

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario